Prerequisite: Current BLS card
Course Registration Fee: $185
Provider manual: Purchase $62
Required: AHA ACLS Provider Manual ( can purchase)
- are not comfortable with the ACLS content and skills; and/or
- have an expired ACLS card
- Participate or direct a cardiopulmonary arrest or cardiovascular event
Prior to the course:
- have a current BLS Provider card;
- review the AHA ACLS Provider Manual;
- complete the pre-course assessment; and
- print the pre-course assessment score (which will be presented to the instructor on the first day of the course).
an ACLS Provider card that is valid for two years.
• Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support,
Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions,
use of a bag-mask device and use of an AED
• Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
• Recognition and early management of cardiac rhythms that may precede cardiac arrest conditions such
as symptomatic bradycardia
• Airway management
• Related pharmacology
• Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
• Effective communication as a member and leader of a
- Describe the BLS Primary Survey and ACLS Secondary Survey with critical actions.
- Describe the important elements of effective resuscitation team dynamics.
- Describe the clinical situations in which the following airway adjuncts may be used for airway management: oropharyngeal airway (OPA), nasopharyngeal airway (APC), bag-mask ventilation, and advanced airway.
- Recognize VF and VT on the ECG.
- Recall indications, contraindications, doses, and routes of administration for drugs recommended for refractory VF/Pulseless VT.
- Follow the ACLS initial assessment and management recommendations in the ACLS algorithms.
- Apply the 8 Ds of stroke care and explain why timely action is crucial.
- Describe the major signs and symptoms of stroke
- Go to AHA created ACLS Student Website at https://eLearning.heart.org/course/424 . The online, mandatory ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment along with additional resources and videos may be accessed by students and instructors. Student must take the pre-course assessment and pass with a 70% grade before taking the ACLS course. Print the completed certificate and bring in to the class.
Clients are expected to sign up for the classes for the times offered. However, if desiring an alternate time, please send and email followed up with a text to Info@matters2thehert.com, (813) 720-1113 and every effort will be made to accommodate the desired times.